Monday, February 15, 2016

My Birthday Nails & Noms

Hello Dahlings!

My birthday was last week,
but Mr Inky was out of town on business,
so we did b~day stuff on Saturday.

1st we went to see Dead Pool.
I knew I was going to love it as soon as I saw the opening credits
& I did as it was MOST EXCELLENT!!!
I won't say anything more about it so those who haven't seen it yet,
don't send out an Inky lynch mob for leaking spoilers.

After that we headed into Seattle to my fav restaurant.
More on that later.

So last September, Mr Inky & I went on an Alaskan cruise
& spent a couple days in Vancouver, BC before driving home.
I was on the hunt for polish I couldn't easily get at home.
I know Louboutins are available in my area,
but not in stores I usually got to for polish.
So Mr Inky bought this polish for me as my official 25 Anniversary gift.
I've been waiting since then to wear for my birthday.
Here are my birthday nails!

 This is 2 coats of Louboutin Scarabee II.
Yes, you read that correctly.
This pic shows the teal green & steel blue.

 This one is taken in indirect light
& shows the dusty purple around the edges.
The 1st coat went on a bit streaky,
but the 2nd smoothed it all out.
A coat of Seche Vite & I was good to go.

I couldn't post this mani without a full bottle shot.
While very cool to look at,
that long handle is heavy & takes getting used to while polishing.
At $50US this brand is rather expensive
& the formula wasn't as good as one would hope
from an expensive couture brand.
This one is special & I don't regret getting it,
but I doubt I'll buy anymore of them.

For noms we went to The Bling Pig Bistro yet again!
I would go there more often than twice a year,
but I'll gladly take what I can get.
This is the Chocolate Creamaux dessert that I call the Chocogasm.
It's not a mousse, pudding or ganache,
but rather something between them all.
This version came with chartreuse oil, brownie crumbles,
rich whipped cream & a chocolate caramel tuile.
I actually got the pic BEFORE I dove in this time. LOL
I can only blame being rather stuffed
from the V~day tasting menu we had consumed.

>^. .^<

 I bored.

 What's dis?

Yummy crunchy bug!

What? You hoomans eat weird stuff all da time.

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That polish looks so dreamy. Too bad it isn't as good as you had believed it would be. Glad you had a great bd and vd.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.