Monday, June 16, 2014

#TGPNPC ~ Purple

Hello Dahlings!
 
Today's Neverending Pile prompt is PURPLE!
Yep, I can say with certainty that have untried purple polish.
So I was craving my current fav polish type
& wanted to spiff it up...
The best laid plans of mice & moms oft go awry.
(translation: my mani didn't quite go as planed)
 
 This is 2 coats of another crappy China Glaze white
(I don't get along with White on White either)
with 2 coats of Princessa 19
& 1 coat of Nicole by OPI Opal Texture.
The white was thick & prone to streaking & patching,
but if I got too close to my skin, it flooded my cuticles. Blerg.
I've used other polishes from da Princessa set,
but this 1 was streaky & patchy. The other's behaved just fine.
(I'm wondering if this bad behavior
was due to the bad white under it?)
The NOPI did crack, but so subtly
that I can only see it when I tilt my hand just so.
It did add a pretty pinkish shimmer to da mani
& that's about da only nice thing I have to say about it.
I finished with my usual coat of Seche Vite...
...and 15 minutes after I had da polish on my thumb
smoosh up while going potty.
This only happens when da base color hasn't cured yet.
In this case it was da toopid CG white causing probs again.
 
 Da line up ~ China Glaze Snow, Princessa 19 (Pearl Purple)
& Nicole by OPI Opal Texture.
 
 At least da Princessa glowed for me!
 
 
Next up ~ Blue
 
>^. .^<
 
Paw won't share his jello with hand made whipped cream!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Please go ponder da purple manis by da other Pirates!
~ Inky

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh I have 'good' whites & even a couple of 'great' whites...I just keep trying new ones to see if there's something better out there. Finger Paints Paper Mache is my fav go to white. Nearly a one coater & not prone to streaking, pulling or patching.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.