Wednesday, May 21, 2014

#TGPNPC ~ Gradient

Hello Dahlings!
 
Today's prompt is Gradient & I wanted to do something different
than just grab a bit of sponge in my tweezers & have at it.
For the life of me I can't remember where I saw this done,
but I did not invent da concept.
 
 Ta da. My brushed gradient mani.
It wasn't hard to do,
but I really should have used 2 coats of da white base color
cuz I have panty lines showing. Blerg.
All I did was layer da tints using the bottle brush,
making each layer shorter than da one before it,
so the color built up as I worked my way down da nail.
Da last coat was full nail to smooth da demarcation lines out.
A coat of Seche Vite & I was done.
 
Here's da nail by nail scoop:
 
Da shimmer is from da base of Sally Hansen Great White.
 
thumb ~ Vitamin D-light
(It looks orange in da bottle, but is really more of a coral pink.)
 
index ~ Water Melon
 
middle ~ Jell-ous?
 
ring ~ Grape Jelly
 
pinky ~ Ice Tint
(This one looks sapphire blue in da bottle,
but looks aqua on da nail til da layers built up enuf at da tip
where it started to look more blue than green.)
 
These polishes were all on da thin side,
thin to da point of nearly flooding my cuties,
but they are so sheer that it won't really show
if you miss some while cleaning up.
These are less expensive & easier to get than da OPI tints,
plus they should work well for da Stained Glass/Lead Lighting technique
that has been popping up all over da polish web-o-sphere
since da OPIs were released.
 
 Da line up ~ Sally Hansen Great White (previously worn), Ice Tint,
Grape Jelly, Jell-ous?, Water Melon & Vitamin D-light
 
 
Next up ~ Untried Nail Art Supply
 
>^. .^<
 
I is in my happy place...my Paws arms!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Please go visit da other Glittah Pirates & their Gradient nails!
~ Inky

6 comments:

  1. Have you tried lead lighting with them? need to get my butt in gear and try that technique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I also have the Mentality Nail Art Set of sheers & have plans for those pretties to be tried soon...like tonight. LOL

      Delete
  2. I was going to do the same thing! But then something else happened :) Great minds and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! I've been debating getting these, now I think I have to have them! Girl, you cost me too much money!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wait til you see the Mentality Nail Art tints. LMBBO

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.