Friday, March 29, 2013

Shamrawk Nail Art Challenge ~ ombre/skittle

Hello Dahlings!
 
This is it...da last day of da challenge & I did them all! Tho' I did go off da reservation a bit by not using any green polish or any St. Paddy's Day imagery for today's manicure. After a month of half my manis being green or theme related...I just couldn't do it. LOL
 
Da line up: Scandal French White; BK Hello Kitty Glow-in-the-dark #27, #17, #16, #19 & #15; Scandal Modern Black. Da day I was going to do my ombre/skittle mani my order from da Born Pretty Store store arrived & I just HAD to try out some of my new glow-in-the-dark polishes! I don't have a special 'save 10%' code for you cuz I'm not a big blog or even a medium sized blog...I'm just an itty bitty blog having fun. I saw some of Born Pretty Store's other GITD polishes on JennaFroggy's blog I'm Still Thinking & then a few days later on Profesional DQ's YouTubeChannel. I don't remember which code I used, but if you don't want to use one of theses you can always check your fav blogs to see if one of them has a code for you to save 10% on BPS's already low prices & free worldwide shipping on ALL orders. I hadn't ordered from BPS before, but was prepared for it to take awhile to arrive cuz da website is in Canada. I checked back every few days to see if my order had shipped. About a week later I had a tracking code to check & learned that while da website is in Canada, the warehouse is in Singapore. This certainly 'splains da longer ship time! LOL No biggie tho as my order arrived about 10 days after shipping. This is pretty good time for mail to cross da Pacific. Oh...you want to see da nails?
 
I started with 2 coats of French White undies on all nails cuz
GITD polish tends to be rather sheer.
Pinky ~ #27 this lavender creme only needed 2 coats to be fully opaque.
Ring ~ #17 this one needed 3 coats even with undies cuz it's more of a jelly.
Middle ~ #16 is much like #17 in application, 3 coats needed.
Index ~ #19 is my fav color of this bunch & while it also needed 3 coats, I didn't mind cuz I was lusting all over that intense neon pinkness!
Thumb ~ #15 I was surprized by how vampy this one was & it was also a pita to apply as it went on patchy & I wasn't sure 3 coats would be enough to even it out. Turned out it was.
I then did a coat of Seche Vite & wrapped da tips.
Would you like to see them glow in the dark now?
 
Mr Inky gets full kudos for helping me take this photo! He suggested we go into da garage & use da halogen shop lamp, plus when da lights are out in there one can't see one's hand in front of one's face, unless they have GITD polish on. LOL He had to putz with my camera to find da setting that would best capture these polishes doing what they were made to do. You're looking at my index (#19 looks bright orange), middle (#16 looks orange) & ring (#17 looks white) fingers & you can just barely see my pinky (#27 slight greenish smudge to da left on my index finger). My thumb (#15) did glow, but da camera just could not pick it up. Did I leave my nails skittled & call it good? Of course not!
 
TA DA! I Kitchen Sink'd those GITD bad boys as per Her Momma Slappin' Highniness aka Nicole's (Young Wild & Polished) decree when I asked on Twitter if I should stamp or KSM these nails. Here's da scoop: pinky ~ double line French tip using my skinny striper to make da white line above da black tip; ring ~ double dots using both lg & sm ends of a dotter with da black & white, middle ~ skinny stripes using my skinny striper with black & white, index ~ more double dots but I reversed da black & white, thumb ~ I used some very old curved French tip sticker forms to make da curved white lines.
 
That's it, da challenge is OVER! Thanks for stopping by & please go visit Poliship. She'll have her last challenge mani up soon.
~ Inky
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I love your kitchen sink mani, pink & fun without being overly cutesie, fabulous! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dahling! I don't do cutesie very well. lol

      Delete
  2. wow! i love glow in the dark polishes! i also love your cat, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG inky my sweet these polishes are just toooooo cute!!! the bottles are to die for. I love how creative you are my furry friend!! BTW cos I loves you I have tagged you specially in a beauty questionnaire..just for fun go over to my blog sweetie and check it out. (I don't want to leave links on your blog but you know where to find me!) super well done on this my lovely...you my shining star! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.